The Riviera Towel company only works with textile suppliers that have a verifiable Oeko-Tex 100 Standard certification for their fabrics.
This means they're tough on standards that keep chemicals out of the manufacturing process, and to our company this is very important.
The STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX® is an international independent product label for all types of textiles tested for harmful substances – from yarns and fabrics to the ready-to-use items that you can buy in the shops.
It encompasses all textiles, even from its raw form to the finished product. This means that it follows the process from the milling of the fiber, to the treatment, the spinning of the yarn, the weaving and knitting of the yarn, over to the dying and then to the finishing of the fabric. This keeps the planet healthy and you too.
In 1992, the standards were focused on the development of the test criteria of the fabrics from a scientific perspective. This means that there is a comprehensive list and strict catalogue of measures that take account of:
- Important legal regulations, such as banned colourants, penta- achlorophenol, cadmium and nickel.
- Many harmful chemicals, even if they are not yet legally regulated.
- Requirements of European chemical regulations.
- Requirements from the US Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) regarding lead.
- Numerous also environmentally relevant substance classes
The Oeko-Tex Standard Certification contributes to the highest and most effective product safety from a consumer’s point of view. And we believe in that!
The Riviera Towel Company only works with textile suppliers and partners who are able to share their verifiable Oeko-Tex certification.